What a fun day!! As you probably know, I am an education major in college and so for one of my projects this semester I have to plan an entire mock field trip, soooo Chris and I decided to go to Tuscaloosa Barnyard yesterday to check it out and as you can see, we enjoyed ourselves quite a bit! This place has so much to offer so if you have little ones or if you just want to go on a cute little date, I definitely recommend. They had tons of animals that we could feed (I fed a pig with a bottle and it was adorable) and play with. Chris and I loved the baby goat and we really want to get one now, but I do not think Lina would approve or our landlord for that matter ;) They also offered a boat ride around the pond and a hayride over to the pumpkin patch! Here we searched for the perfect pumpkins to take home and even got to ride a horse! This was something I was super excited for because I have always wanted to ride a horse so I got to check that off my bucket-list! The Barnyard also had this huge jumping pillow/trampoline thing (that is what we are doing in the last two pictures) that we had a lot of fun on!! I felt like a little kid again. It was such a wonderful Sunday and a day where you just forget about your problems and stresses for the week. I love days like today.
^ There was a stuffed cookie and a stuffed sandwich inside the lunch box!
How cute is this?! BarkBox is a company that sends a monthly box of goodies for your pup right to your doorstep! I kept seeing their Ads online so I decided to give it a try and I love it, but Lina obviously loves it more. You can subscribe for 1 month, (keep in mind that you must cancel the subscription after 1 month or it will keep rolling) 6 months or 12 months. You also put in your dogs size so they know how big of a box to send, but you can always pay a little extra if you want more toys and treats. The box for "small dogs" which is what I get for Lina, features a few toys (3-4) and some different kinds of healthy treats for your dog (2-3). I will leave their link here for you to check them out because all fur babies deserve a special present every once and awhile!
So I know what you're saying and you are right, 9 times out of 10 I do not wear make-up except for some mascara to help with the looking half asleep thing. BUT, when I do actually feel like wearing make-up/want to, these are my go to products. I have super super super sensitive skin so I needed to find some foundation that would not break me out because other people have done my makeup before and ew it makes my skin look so bad, mainly because they put about 10 pounds on themselves, but that's a different story. So I have some Merle Norman foundation and I use their blush as well just to give my cheeks some color. My mom and her whole family have only used this kind of makeup and she swears by it--mama knows best. Next up, one of my favorite items and literally a god send- NARS concealer. This concealer is amazing for covering dark circles which no one seems to notice I have but me, and random spots that pop up on your face (ugh, the worst). I definitely recommend this concealer, it is a little on the pricey side, but so worth! I also have my Maybelline mascara which I love. I have used this same mascara for like five years now so obviously I recommend it and my lipstick which is Revlon. I have the color Teak Rose number 445 and it is such a nice color for any season! Lastly, my makeup brush and bag are both from Target (no shock there).
Talk to you soon! xxxooo
Long time, no post...life is too busy! I quickly wanted to share some photos from this past weekend in Dallas, Texas. My family met up with our cousins from California to go to the Alabama v. Southern Cal football game. Needless to say, we destroyed Southern Cal (roll tide) and it was such a fun experience; the stadium was insane, the crowd was lively and well we kicked their butts so that was nice too. Before going to the game, we went up Reunion Tower which is where most of these photos were taken. I personally love going up towers, buildings, etc. in cities because they give you the most aaaamazing views! I am definitely a city girl at heart!! I love all of the tall buildings, bustling crowds and cityscapes. After exploring the top of the tower, we headed out for some lunch and then went to the game. It was a quick, but very lovely weekend and I was so excited that we got to see our cousins and spend the weekend with them! I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend....now back to reality we go.
Yesterday I turned 20 years old. It is taking me awhile to let that sink in and it probably won't until I turn 21 and then I will have to wait another year for that one to sink in too. Does anyone feel like time is going so quickly and you just cannot catch up? Yeah, same. Anyways, I am no longer a teenager and I am okay with that. However, I must say that I am pretty pleased with how much I have already accomplished before even turning 20 years old. I have been working steadily since I was 15 years old, I felt like transitioning from high school to college was no big deal (and I am one of very few that I have heard say that) and I am balancing work, full-time school schedule, volunteering, girlfriend duties, friends, family, life, all while maintaining straight A's. I also am going against the norm, as I am already living in my own apartment (now for a full year) with my boyfriend of over two years and our own living dog that we have to take care of. (Just wanted to say, some people said how much of a bad idea two teenagers moving in together and getting a dog together was and how it was such a huuuuge mistake we were making and I am here to tell you, if you are living with the right person, it is actually quite easy....very easy, really. I can honestly say our relationship has never felt like 'work' to me like I hear some people say theirs feels to them. Actually wrapping my head around that is quite difficult and if your relationship feels like work, honey you are in the wrong one. I have learned over my years that life is only as good as you make it and if you find good people to surround yourself with, people who will help you grow and people who want the same things as you do, you will be just fine!
So I thought it would be fun to share 20 things I have learned in my 20 years of living so far. These come in no particular order, just as they pop into my head I have typed them out.
1. What you are stressing about today, most likely will not matter in 5 years.
2. Do not plan your life out, it never goes as planned. That's the beauty of it!
3. Follow your heart and let the rest fall into place. Even if that means transferring schools your freshman year, moving 500 miles away from family to be with the person who makes you whole. Take chances!!
4. Don't take your loved ones for granted, they will not always be here. Treasure your time with them. Be present with them. Tell them you love them everyday.
5. You cannot fix people....I repeat, you can not fix people!! But, you can make them better, remember that.
6. Be a positive role model, always. Everyone has someone looking up to them....so make sure you are acting in a way you would want your child to be acting too.
7. Put others before yourself. You will find happiness in making other people happy. Selflessness is so beautiful.
8. Travel is the best education a child will ever have. Give children the opportunity to see how other people live, how other cultures do simple daily tasks, how life is on the other side of then fence. Always keep traveling and exploring the world around you. Life is not meant to be lived in one place.
9. When someone else's happiness is your happiness, that is love. I know this to be true because before Chris, I had never played a video game in my life, had never been interested in hockey and had never been much of a fan of Led Zeppelin, but guess what! I now enjoy watching Chris play video games, I really, really love hockey and Led Zeppelin is one of my favorites. Be with someone who is different from you, someone who exposes you to new things and makes you see things differently.
10. True confidence speaks for itself, it does not post selfies all over the internet, seeking approval from other people. Be confident in yourself and know you are beautiful without people having to tell you. Insecurity is not a pretty thing and is very obvious.
11. Natural beauty is the prettiest form.
12. Actions speak louder than words!!!!
13. Loving someone and knowing you are loved wholeheartedly in return, is the best feeling in the world.
14. I take pride in standing my ground when everybody else was giving in. To every teenager trying too hard to fit in, my advice to you, is to just not! Be different. In the long scheme of things, people like different.
15. You are not going to like everyone. Let me say this for the people in the back..... you are NOT going to like everyone!!! And that is okay, you don't have to!!! But be kind anyways.
16. Life goes on.....time helps heal all wounds.
17. LET IT GO. Holding in anger is so stupid.
18. You are very lucky if you can honestly call your sibling your best friend. So many siblings have such weird and awkward relationships. Thankfully, Michael is different!
19. My parents are my biggest supporters, the best role-models and truly two of the most sincere people I have ever known. Be thankful for your parents, they not only literally gave you life, but they created the life in which you live today, and for me, it is one I am so lucky to have.
20. And last, (but, certainly not least) don't forget the little things.... like leaving notes around the house for the person you love, spending a little extra on dog toys because your dog just loves them so much, dancing in the shower, singing in the car, being in stupid amounts of love, going on road trips and wandering around aimlessly, telling your family you love them, you know things like that, because those little things are the things you will remember the most!!